Saturday, April 5, 2014

2nd Week!

Hey Family!

Haha, I really struggle writing emails and letters because I learn so much in one day, let alone, one week, and I don’t even know what to start with!!!

But...! Hagy Vagy? How is everyone doing?! I read your emails and your Dear Elders and it sounds like everyone is doing great! What is the update for this week? What did you guys do? Was it fun? Are you guys ready for General Conference?? You all better be watching it!

First of all, thanks for the family pictures! You need to send some down to me. Although that wasn’t one of the best picture days of my life.... mom- we need to retake all of them. Ha. jk. They all look good. it was fun to look at them!

DL works by the branch president calling us as a DL. it’s a church calling and he does it through revelation. They don’t just pick people. and what a DL has to do is hold interviews with everyone in the district. carry out district meetings and goals 2 times a week. and then pick up and distribute the mail. You should see me getting the mail.... I’m like Napolean Dynamite.... "YES........." every time I get one. haha it’s funny. but other than that I have leadership meetings... etc. So yeah! not too bad, but it is really a great leadership opportunity. you have a lot of opportunities to give council, advice and blessings.

Thanks for sending my charger! I’m really surprised it lasted all the way till you sent it! I think my hair is growing faster in the MTC because I almost have to shave twice a day. haha. it’s terrible. Thanks for all the encouraging scriptures and advice! means a lot.

Alright! about the week!

First off... Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays and Saturdays are all the same. class... food. class... food. and more class. haha it’s really awesome. Hungarian is coming along very well! I am really starting to understand our teachers and everything that they say. haha but sometimes... actually 75% of the time I feel like pink panther.... hahaha Megprobaltatas..... haha it’s really hard to pronounce certain words with the correct sound for each letter. haha I start laughing in class because all I can think about is pink panther! “hamburger...." haha anyway. The language is coming along very well. I actually enjoy getting headaches at the end of the day now. ha

Sundays are so refreshing.. we had a great devotional and a great movie night ( where we watch past good devotionals) This Sunday... some of you might be jealous... but ha, David Archuletta came and sang for us. also Richard Elliot from the MOTAB came and played for us. it was a really uplifting meeting! Then we watched a devo by Elder Bednar.. he’s awesome.. he has great talks. He talked about Doctrines, principles.. and applications. and I would like to share some of what he said for my little... "spiritual Thought" for the week. haha.

So, the frame work of the gospel is built on Doctrine, principle, and applications. Think about it!  Just a quick example... and then you can find the rest on your own.. Home teaching. Doctrine. When home teaching isn’t going well... what does the Elder Q pres. do? he switches the comp. or the homes right? he focuses on the applications. This.. IS NOT how it works. Bednar said that we must focus on the Doctrine.. " true doctrine understood changes habits, and behaviors." teach the doctrine.. focus on the doctrine.. why do we really home teach? to watch over, be with, and minister unto families.
Let the doctrine teach the people.

ANSWERS= ALWAYS the DOCTRINE!
PRINCIPLE= Answers the question of WHAT.

Really good advice.. hopefully that made sense.. haha if not.. don’t worry about it. ha :)

Anyway, just a couple more things that happened this week..
The MTC had this REAL investigator and they needed some missionaries to teach him. he is from Roy. and he will only listen to the missionaries here at the MTC for some reason? anyway. The pres. came up to me and asked if me and my comp would be able to teach him over Skype and then that this guy would come up every once in a while and then we can teach him face to face. SUPER cool opportunity! who can say they got a baptism in the mtc? haha. But, anyway. so on Monday we met him for the first time and taught him! face to face. during lunch time. His name is lance. he lives in Roy. went to box elder actually.. weird huh? and then he is divorced... his kids won’t talk to him.. and he is not happy. he knows he’s made so many mistakes. and he is scared. well we got to know him.. and then the spirit led us into the plan of salvation and the atonement and happiness. I’ll tell ya what.. When I was teaching him about the atonement of Christ and testifying I knew that God would forgive him.. and that he can be happy.. the spirit was so powerful that I felt it and I knew he felt it. it was great.! It really gave me that true love of god. and I knew that I wasn’t speaking.. it was the spirit speaking though me. once I started talking.. my vocab changed.. simplicity started.. and power came out. it’s amazing. and it all came through obedience and prayer. I can’t wait for more of those experiences. it’s good to teach him because it gives me something to look forward to and prepare for during the week. rather than just sit in class all day every day. it’s a blessing. Anyways... we committed him to watch general conference. and to read the pamphlet of the plan of salvation and to read the Book of Mormon ch. 32 and 34. It was great. neat experience.

Tuesday devo was good.. not as good as Sundays.. but it was good.! I went to the temple this morning and did inititories. and it was great! the temple is so refreshing.. got all my clothes washed and pressed for the upcoming week.. and now writing you! we have to teach a lesson tonight in Hungarian... whoo.. pray for me. haha jk. The spirit has got this. ha.

Overall... the second week in the mtc was much better than the first! I think I finally adjusted. thank goodness. haha. but the spirit is so strong here and you literally, if you’re watching and are obedient.. you receive revelations after revelations here. it’s quite amazing... But,... I’ll be honest. I am so anxious to get out there and start teaching. thats what I love!

Anyway! all is well!!!!!!!! hopefully this gave you a good update! come back with questions so that I know what to write next week!

I love and miss all of you. time will start to fly! I know it!

Hope all is well back home!

Love you guys!

Love,
Watson Elder


























No comments:

Post a Comment